Giới thiệu DOCtoEXE
Đôi khi bạn có 1 file Word (.DOC) muốn chia sẻ với người khác, nhưng lại sợ họ không cài phần mềm Microsoft Word, hoặc sợ các phiên bản khác nhau sẽ làm hiển thị không chính xác nội dung văn bản, ấy là lúc bạn cần sự trợ giúp của DOC2EXE này. Phần mềm sẽ chuyển đổi các văn bản sang định dạng file thực thi (file chạy, .EXE), để mở văn bản, chỉ cần chạy file đó như 1 chương trình bình thường, các khúc mắc ở trên sẽ tự nhiên bị xóa mất.
Cách sử dụng chương trình rất đơn giản, chỉ cần chọn file Word rồi 1 click là xong. Chương trình có kích thước cực kì nhỏ gọn, hoàn toàn miễn phí và không cần cài đặt.
CONVERTER FROM DOC TO EXE
This utility converts Word files from DOC, DOT or RTF original format to an EXE format (convert DOC to EXE, convert DOT to EXE, convert Word to EXE). Like original format files, the EXE files created are not independent of Word, but they allow you to define Word’s properties before opening and improve the portability and functionality of your documents.
The conversion, moreover to maintain the original format features, inclusive for editing thru the Word, adds others functionalities where the autocompression and the control over the Word highlight. So, by be specialized in Word and VBA, can be more advantageous than ZIP files, ZIP autoextracts and program installation utilities. See the EXE format features and then some applying examples.
EXE format features:
- Can be read and write (Changes done in an EXE file opening in the Word to write are saved in the proper EXE file);
- When saving changes, backups are created. Optionally, you can specify whether to overwrite or not overwrite previous backups (This makes possible more restoration levels than using an original format);
- Can be read-only, very read-only, doesn’t permit ‘Save’ and ‘Save as’ too;
- Changes can be saved to a new original format file, leaving the EXE unaltered (Good to be used like a template);
- Changes can be saved to multiple original format files with an incrementing number (Good to be used like an invoice template);
- Can be opened in the Word without macro alert or with a custom alert (Good to work with known files containing macros using the Word in medium or high security level);
- Can show, without text size limit, an alert before opening in the Word (Good to installation alerts, copyright, guidance etc.);
- Can require password-to-open so safe that only can be cracked by attempts (brute force) same knowing the converter source code. Then, if you put a password and forget it, no-one, neither this utility author, can help you;
- There are four levels of autocompression: none, normal (faster), medium (slower), and high (slower). Normal is equivalent to a normal zip file. This makes large files more portable, mainly when they need protection, because protected files in Word original format are of low compression. In a test with a simple document of 5 Mb, the ZIP compressed only 2% and this got 80% because the cryptography is done after the compression;
- Can be attached one or more text or binary files (Good to be used as installer file);
- All attached files with Word original format can be opened too at start and controlled as one whole like a ‘work book’ of Word documents;
- Can be opened in an exclusive Word window (exclusive Word instance) refusing, while open, any try to share with other strange document;
- Can be forced the closure of running Word instances at start up. This is helpful to use the EXE as an installer for a COM add-in;
- When opened in a separate instance, it can start Word in automation mode, very automation mode; Word will run totally clean without STARTUPs, add-Ins, and COM add-ins too. This is better than /a Word command line option that doesn’t avoid COM add-ins;
- When opened in a separate instance, it can control the Word window style (maximize, minimize, normal, or hidden). These four last features are good to be used when your Document is a dictator application;
- You can avoid the original converted EXE file from being renamed;
- All the above features can be configured when you convert;
- The conversion can be done thru the utility interface or by command line;
- The command line can contain all of the options, alert text, and file names and paths to attach. You can generate long and complex command lines from the user interface and send them to the clipboard to be pasted anywhere, such as in an argument of VB or VBA Shell function or in the Windows Run dialog box;
- You can convert back to Word original format using Word’s Save As command, if not read-only;
- When convert, it creates a backup of the original Word format file without overwriting previous one;
- Files in this format can function as EXE in CD Autorun;
- The conversion only adds about 132Kb which, depending on the file size, can be regained during autocompression;
- The converter and any converted files are standalone in the presence of the Office library, no extra library is necessary and neither changes in your Word or Windows setting.